NTR Garden, a small public garden covering an area of 55 acres is situated in Hyderabad. The garden is adjacent to Hussain Sagar lake. The garden is the one of most expensive gardens in India. The park was created by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in order to honor the respectable leader Late N T Rama Rao. The garden is not only the beautiful place of Hyderabad, but is also regarded as an attractive leisure and entertainment centre. The garden is maintained by the Buddha Purnima Project Authority under the directives of Government of Telgana.
- Beginning : In the year 1999, a small area was utilized erecting a memorial for N T Rama Rao, cheif minister of Andhra Pradesh and was was inaugurated by Chandrababu Naidu. To expand the area the new plans were made, which has since been referred to as NTR Gardens. It was the part of Buddha Purnima Project which was being handled by Hyderabad Urban Development Authority (HUDA). In 2000, the government of Andhra Pradesh makes the new plans to develop this area with several projects such as Rock Garden, IMAX theatre inside the NTR Garden.
- Controversy : An immediate stoppage by two non- profit organization on the construction activity at Garden takes place in the year 2000. They contended that regulations showed the area around the lake as a recreation zone which must be kept away from all constructions for commercial or residential purposes. The proposed project violated the rules, so the organization sought an environment impact assessment before allowing these projects to continue.
- Present : On December 15, 2001, the 34 acres of area of gardens was completed. Besides a variety of plants, the gardens also house a souvenir complex, a visitors train, restaurants and a waterfall.
Timings & Entry Fee
- Ntr Gardens is open all the days from 12:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
- The entry fee for the children are Rs. 10 and for the adults are Rs. 20.